CoEnergy Co-operative is now accepting nominations for new members of its Board of Directors. Individuals must be members of the Co-operative in order to serve on the board.
The roles of board members are as follows:
- Regular attendance (in-person or by phone) at monthly Board meetings, held the first Thursday of the month at the CoEnergy offices.
- Participate in democratic structure of the Co-operative (including creating, discussing, and voting on proposals and assisting in policy-forming)
- Delegated, by the members, the authority to exercise all of the Board powers that can be legally exercised between General Members’ meetings
- The authority, as provided by Members, to hold meetings and to exercise all of the Members’ powers that can be legally exercised between Members meetings.
See a further breakdown of Directors responsibilities below:
- Representing the interests of the Co-operative and its members.
- Planning for the future needs of the Co-operative
- Leading a democratic organization
- Managing the Co-operative’s risks, including legal, financial, and reputational
- Involvement in the sale of securities on behalf of the Co-operative
- Involvement in a committee of the Co-operative
- Reporting to members through attendance at the Annual General Meeting
- Participation in relevant events, conferences, activities and networking opportunities
The Co-operative is currently seeking to fill a number of positions with different terms, varying from 1 to 3 years in length.
Email your CV or LinkedIn profile to Aaron at email@example.com by October 31st, 2019 if you are interested in nominating yourself or someone you know.